Saturday, April 21, 2007

I'm Back!

I know I've been gone for a minute. For some reason I couldn't come back and write without pictures. Go figure? My camera's memory card was on the blink and I wasn't able to upload any pictures to my computer. You see I still use a very reliable and fast Win98 system that has stayed virus free and fully functional since I bought it. I refuse to buy into the Windows Vista hype especially since I know it's a 6 month filler program anyway. Microsoft has stated that they plan to bring out a newer more fully functional version of Vista in about 6 months much to the chagrin of those who've already plopped down the $400 to buy the current version. Not only that. Apple products have been getting the coy look from me every since I got my iPod last year. I like the sleekness and the all inclusive functionality of their platform. It's a cult I know! But it sure is pretty on the outside.

Anywhoo, back to what I was saying about my camera and my system pre-digression. My new Sony Cybershot's drivers don't run on Win98 nor could I find a work around so I had to buy an external card reader. It works great and takes up to 23 different memory cards; which came in handy last year when my old camera went on the blink and I had to use it to read my old card or the pictures of my Frohawk would have been lost forever. It kept saying "improper format" so I blew on it a couple of times and massaged it (no really I did) and it started to work again. Maybe it just needed a rest! I'm happy it got one because I was not about to shell out another $40 to get another one anytime soon. My readers would have just had to imagine what I was saying. Not always an easy thing.

Kamika

No comments: