Monday, May 12, 2008

A Sentimental Child on Mother's Day

Not just my sentiment but that of many after a holiday such as Mother's Day is that mothers should be honored everyday. I totally agree. After thinking about all that I've gone through in my life, I've found that my mother done done good! She wasn't always likeable, understandable, or what I thought I wanted in a mom (as if I had a choice) but she was the best mom for me.

I've learned a lot from the Old Girl and have avoided many a mistake due to her sacrificing herself and making the mistake for me. Oft times she was the coat over the puddle that I walked on. Lying down head first into the water so we never even knew it was there. I would often say, "Wow that's a pretty coat. I wonder who left it there." On occasion, I picked it up and brought it home to clean.

So here's to my once upon a time Go-Go dancing homegirl. We took a brunch cruise.








Happy Next Day Mothers' Day to all the Mothers,


Kamika

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooo, a brunch cruise. Sounds fun! Glad you & your mom had a good time.