I know some of you are wondering, "What in blue blazes! Where is Kinky Coils?" I've been around but extremely busy. For the last two weeks, I took a temp assignment and have been away from my computer during the day.
The firm that I worked for turned out to be such a blessing in so many ways. It was an industrial engineering firm which allowed me to see the flip side of a certain aspect in real estate. You may not know that I'm a former real estate manager, hence industrial engineering plays a small part. The company was a partnership of two women and the principals really knew their stuff. Upon my last day one of the owners really imparted some wisdom that is going to help me in the future.
On to knitting! Because of my surge in cash flow I have been working on a number of new projects that I can't get too detailed about now, as I have to go but here's a sneak peek:
- Regan (Rowan 41) - Needs some trim and the sleeves.
- Rebecca Doll - I think I'll call her Sassy Hotpants or maybe just Floosy!
- Boobholder - Gift for Arrica
- Infant Petal Blanket - My own design for baby cousin
- Test Knit for a well known knitwear designer.
When I come back, I'll have pictures and details on some of the sales I hit. I'll also have the latest installment of The Motel saga. So much has gone on here, you won't want to miss it.
The New Fall Knitty 2007 is up!
-Check out the FABO hoodie called ROAM. Too cute, I want to do that one next. Take a peek at MR. GREENJEANS! This would be cute if made a little more fitted to accentuate the empire ribbing and with shorter more blouson sleeves. For those of us who love shawls or at least making them as gifts, MUIR is a great little number with enough same repeats for nearly mindless knitting. Lastly, the yarn in CHERIE AMOUR - Frutos Del Bosque, has great color variegation.
Tahki Stacy Charles Launches NYYarns.Com!
-TSC yarns has created a user website to go along with their new line of yarn, both called NYYarns. They've added an online shop that allows you to purchase directly patterns AND yarn. I put emphasis on yarn because many of your big named yarn makers don't allow you to buy yarn directly from them. If you like TSC, Tahki Stacy Charles, and Filatura di Crosa, you may like NYYarns.
Yarn Harlot in Los Angeles!
- If this is your first time hearing about this then it's probably too late for you. The show was booked almost instantly. RSVPs were strongly recommended but walk-ins are still welcome on a first come basis. Where: Mark Taper Forum (LA Main Library) @ 1pm. http://www.lfla.org/events/yarnharlot.php